Sunday, April 11, 2010

3 - Cafe Lalo

LAST VISIT: 4/2010 http://www.cafelalo.com/index.html
This was some of the best brunch food I have had in NYC. The selection offered is overwhelming...the menu is never ending. My girlfriend and I decided to split steamed eggs with goat cheese, scallions and herbs - the eggs are made with no oil or butter! The eggs were delicious and came with potatoes , Mediterranean salad and toast. The portion size was enough to share. We split a piece of apple torte a la mode for dessert - their dessert selection is fabulous, one I will order from again!!! The restaurant is housed with female-only waitresses all wearing black mini skirts with pink leggings - a unique look to say the least. This place has charm and it was worthy of "You've Got Mail", one of my favorite movies.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog Deanne! All these places sound so good! If I ever visit NYC I'll have to try out some of your recommendations. You should try a vegan restaurant out there for me! :) - Joanie Cady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joanie - thanks for the kind words! I have tried a vegan restaurant, Gobo, I will review it soon just for you!! :) I hope you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete