Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2 - Grimaldi's [Pizza in Brooklyn]

LAST VISIT: 6/13/2010     http://www.grimaldis.com/2/Index.htm

Grimaldi's is famous for the line beneath the Brooklyn Bridge. The line, in my opinion, was super fast. I was with a group of 12 and we were seated in about 35-40 minutes. I have waited longer at restaurants in NYC when I have had a reservation! Once seated we ordered almost immediately and waited maybe 10 minutes for our pizzas to descend upon us. Grimaldi's serves a drier pizza than I like. I almost wish that I had asked for a side of red sauce so I could have dipped my pizza in it. The crust is decent and the toppings are all fresh and of good quality. Overall it was tasty stuff.

This post may or may not help solve the continued debate on the Grimaldi's vs. Di Fara's pizza. Click on this link to see my thoughts on Di Fara's. http://eatennyc.blogspot.com/2010/05/2-di-fara-pizza-in-brooklyn.html. Listen, both serve a good pizza...the ultra thin crust with a few toppings just isn't 100% my style. If I was eight months pregnant and I had a huge craving for pizza I wouldn't have the slightest idea of making my husband trek to Brooklyn for either Grimaldi's or Di Fara's. They just don't serve what my mouth/stomach require. Needless to say, others think the world stops when you eat their pizza. You have to, and should, go to both places to decide for yourself. They aren't both rated a 2 because I didn't like the pizza, they are rated a 2 because I am not convinced they serve the best pizza in the world (which is the common phrase when hearing about both Grimaldi's and Di Fara's).

In the end...I might say Di Fara's is better...even with the 8 ounces of olive oil... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment